Pilar Cea, Director of LMA
The mission of the LMA is working to benefit the scientific community and industrial users at national and international levels by offering world class facilities together with sound scientific and technological support in Nanofabrication, Local Probe and Electron Microscopies for the observation, characterization, nanopatterning and handling of materials at atomic and molecular scale.
In order to comply with the LMA mission, our vision is:
- To offer the LMA facilities to potential users from public or private sectors through atransparent competitive access system.
- To pursue further improvements in the LMA infrastructure through the continuous upgrade and acquisition of new instruments to keep this ICTS at the forefront of world facilities in materials characterization for the benefit of science and innovation.
- To maintain continuous engagement of stakeholders (public and private research centers as well as the industrial sector) to better understand and address scientific and technological challenges through a comprehensive set of open access facilities, collaborative research, training programs and outreach activities.
- To enhance the symbiosis between world-class facilities and excellent scientific and technical support cutting edge science so that users at the LMA develop science with high levels of impact. Such level of excellence and impact also contributes to the international scientific and technological leadership of all the stakeholders from the Spanish Science, Technology and Innovation System.
- To encourage companies to use these facilities and establish strong collaborations between the industrial and academic sectors. This transfer of knowledge is expected to result in a significant strengthening of the RDI capacities of companies that will be translated into products with added value.
- To train new professionals to feed the system with scientists and technicians in the public and also in the private sector which will boost the research and capabilities of the RDI in Spain.
Laboratorio de Microscopías Avanzadas
We are a unique initiative at national and international levels. We provide the scientific and industrial community with the most advanced infrastructures in Nanofabrication, Local Probe and Electron Microscopies for the observation, characterization, nanopatterning and handling of materials at atomic and molecular scale.