The scientific aim of the Associated European Laboratory “TALEM” between University of Zaragoza’s LMA/INA and CNRS’s CEMES and LPCNO is motivated by the development of Electron Microscopy and Scanning Probe Microscopy for the study of nanomaterials. The behaviour of nanomaterials and nanostructures are indeed closely related to the local properties of the system at the atomic scale. Therefore, the complete characterization and possible tuning of their properties necessitate the perfect knowledge at the local scale (nanometer range) of their structural and electronic structure. Talem project will be active till 2018.
The purpose of the project is to share the expertise of the three partners in terms of:
- Chemical synthesis of nanoparticles of controlled size and shape
- Deposit of magnetic nanostructures by focused electron beam (FEBID)
- Lorentz microscopy and Electron Holography
- Quantitative Microscopy STEM HAADF
- Electron tomography
- Analytical Microscopy technics (EDX and EELS)
- Low-voltage TEM for the study of electron irradiation sensitive materials
- Near Field Microscopy technics for the study of single molecules
Laboratorio de Microscopías Avanzadas
We are a unique initiative at national and international levels. We provide the scientific and industrial community with the most advanced infrastructures in Nanofabrication, Local Probe and Electron Microscopies for the observation, characterization, nanopatterning and handling of materials at atomic and molecular scale.